Pursuant to Rules 12 (5) and (6) of the Club’s Constitution, the committee may, from time to time award life membership to a member of the Association in recognition of their contribution to the organisation and their support of the Association. A Life Member shall be a member of longstanding who has performed outstanding and distinguished service for the Club. The appointment of a member to Life Membership is the ultimate expression of the Club’s gratitude to that member for their generous support of the objectives of the Club.
Administration of the Award
A Life Membership cannot be awarded posthumously.
A Life Membership can be rescinded by the committee if the Life Member commits a serious breach of the Rules of the Club’s Constitution or By-laws or has conducted themself in a way that is unbecoming according to the principles and values of the Club.
A Life Member can choose to no longer be a Life Member, however, they cannot be reappointed as a Life Member in the future.
Any member who has met the guidelines below may, on the recommendation of the committee, be awarded a Life Membership.
For consideration for the award, the member should:
- be highly respected and of unquestioned integrity;
- be an active and financial member for a period for no fewer than 10 years;
- has shown significant initiative, innovation and dedication to furthering the objectives of the Club; or
- has demonstrated a continuing involvement and enthusiasm ‘above and beyond’ in the promotion of the Club, the success of an event(s), and/or the advancement of the motoring movement within the wider Community; or
- has served on the committee for a significant period of time; or
- has been a chair or member of a subcommittee for a significant period of time and fulfilled a role that was essential to the efficient/effective running and wellbeing of the Club.
The Club’s President shall not be eligible for Life Membership whilst actively serving as President.
Recognition for the Award
The member who has been awarded a Life Membership shall receive a framed certificate and a listing on our online Perpetual Honour Board. Life Memberships are presented at the Annual General Meeting.
- Each member may nominate only one member per calendar year.
- The committee may award up to two honorary life memberships each year.
- If more than two nominations are received and supported in a particular year, the committee will present these again the following year.
- The assessment of the nominations will be by a four member sub-committee, the members of whom shall be selected by the President. The members of the sub-committee shall be the President and three current Life Members.
- The sub-committee shall make a recommendation to the committee.
- Ratification of a nomination will be by a majority vote from the committee.
Life Membership Nomination Form