Motafrenz Car Club has a longstanding tradition of recognising members with the annual Member of the Year Award.
A Member of the Year shall be a member who has contributed significantly to the operations and/or objectives of the Club during the previous Club Year.
The awarding of Member of the Year is an expression of the Club’s gratitude to that member for their generous support of the objects of the Club.
Administration of the Award
Membership of the Year may be awarded posthumously.
A member may choose to decline the award. This will not affect their future eligibility for the award. The Committee may choose to award Member of the Year to another candidate, or to leave the award vacant for that year.
Any member who has met the guidelines below may be awarded Member of the Year.
To qualify for consideration for the award, the member should:
- be an active and financial member for a period of not less than 1 year;
- has shown significant initiative, innovation and dedication to furthering the objectives of the Club; or
- has demonstrated a continuing involvement and enthusiasm ‘above and beyond’ in the promotion of the Club, the success of an event(s), and/or the advancement of the motoring movement within the wider Community.
An elected member of the Committee shall not be awarded Member of the Year while still serving on the Committee.
Recognition for the Award
The member(s) who has been awarded Member of the Year shall receive a memento and a listing on our online Perpetual Honour Board.
- Any member of the club may nominate any other member for Member of the Year.
- Acceptance of a nomination will be by a majority vote from the Committee.
- The committee may award any number of Member of the Year awards, based on merit.
- A majority vote of the Committee shall determine the successful candidate(s).
Member of the Year Nomination Form